Spina bifida is a birth defect involving the neural tube, resulting in an incomplete formation of the spine. Spina bifida is one of the most common birth defects, it occurs within the first few weeks of pregnancy often before a woman knows she's pregnant. Get expert tips and advice on treating and understanding spina bifida or split spine in this video.
Avoid drug or alcohol use
Make sure that child is screened regularly
Take folic acid daily during pregnancy
About this Author
Dr. Lyons is a general pediatrician that practices at the Vancouver Clinic in Vancouver, Washington. She went to medical school at the Medical College of Pennsylvania and did her pediatric residency at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, NH. She loves being able to share in the lives of young people every day.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades