Increased blood supply and a growing belly contribute to pregnancy itch. Take these steps to reduce the itch and gain some calm.
You Will Need
* Calamine lotion
* Loose-fitting clothes
Avoid drying the skin with hot baths or showers. Take warm baths with oatmeal and mild soap.
Moisturize your skin after bathing with a liberally applied moisturizer.
A heavy moisturizer such as cocoa butter can help reduce stretch marks.
Use calamine lotion on particularly itchy spots. Store it in the fridge for a gentle cooling sensation.
Wear loose-fitting clothes made of natural fibers to avoid aggravation.
Don't scratch your itch. Pregnancy hormones may make skin thinner and susceptible to tearing.
Fact: Cocoa butter was first extracted as massage butter in 1828 when Conrad Von Houten invented the cocoa press.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades